Lovely Lentils Simplified
By shahdan • April 1, 2016
From 9 months.
The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very close to our lentils soup. Here we simplify her recipe to accommodate our local ingredients and keep it nutritious and delicious for our babies.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils - عدس أصفر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion - بصلة
- 1 garlic clove (optional) - فص ثوم
- 1 carrot (grated) - جزرة
- 1 zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 pinch ground cumin - كمون
- 1 tablespoon coriander (finely chopped - OPTIONAL) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil for 10 seconds then add minced onions and garlic as well as grated carrots and zucchini. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and hot water or broth and bring it to a boil. Cover pan and lower heat and let it simmer for 25 minutes or until lentils and veggies are cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- You won't need to use a blender for this dish, it will absorb all the water and have a good consistency on its own. Add cumin and chopped coriander, if using any, and serve warm.
Easy Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce
الوصفه بالعربي This Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce is a great option...
Winter-Warming Roasted Chestnuts
You know that cold winter night when you just need to cuddle on the sofa and nibble at something?...
Cinnamon Star Cookies
A childhood favorite, these cinnamon star cookies are a nutty, cinnamony and sweet treat for...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]