By shahdan • January 21, 2016
Sweet Couscous has always been a classic on my grandmother’s dessert table. As children, we used to eat it all the time. Sadly, nowadays, sweet couscous is rarely served and people opt for the more modern dishes.
Sweet couscous is simple, delightful, and prepared in less than 10 minutes. You can serve it with nuts like pistachios, almonds, and raisins. It is also yummy with cinnamon. However, I find the classic one, with just icing sugar, super comforting and delicious.
- 2 cup couscous - كسكسي
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 2 1/2 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- icing sugar (to taste) - سكر بودرة
- raw nuts (to taste) - مكسرات
- cinnamon powder (optional) - قرفة
Step by step
- Boil water in the kettle.
- Place 2 cups of couscous in a big bowl. Add the butter. Using the same cup, measure 2.5 cups of boiling water and pour over the couscous and butter. Give it a quick stir, cover, and leave it to stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, transfer to serving dish and dust it with icing sugar. Serve with extra icing sugar, nuts, and cinnamon on the side.
الوصفه بالعربي The traditional homemade Egyptian kofta is just so simple to prepare...
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]