Spiced Potato & Peas
By yasmine • February 22, 2022
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 5 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes) - بطاطس
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup peas (frozen or fresh) - بسلة
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Start by prepping the potatoes and placing the cubes in the lukewarm water for 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add minced garlic and keep heat to medium.
- Stir in drained potato cubes. Sprinkle ground coriander, paprika, salt & pepper. Stir to make sure all cubes are covered in spices. Lower heat and cover.
- Ten minutes later, add peas and stir. Cover again for another 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are cooked through.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and stir. Take it off the heat and serve hot.
Leave a comment
One response to “Spiced Potato & Peas”
Leave a Reply
Mushroom & Onion Pie
Pies are so hearty, filling and a special treat on any dining table. I used store-bought short...
Vietnamese Spring Vegetables Soft Rolls
This is the ultimate summer appetiser! Full of crunch and freshness and oh so good for you. You can...
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver's Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie's 30 minutes...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]