Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
By yasmine • April 17, 2015
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals or when you have people over cause it is easy and delicious – while paying respect to the this yummy and nutritious green vegetable.
- 500 gram asparagus - الهليون
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 drop hot chili sauce (optional) - صوص حار
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
Step by step
- Wash asparagus thoroughly and remove the lower (whitish) stem area with your hand. The part that will snap easy in your hand – that’s the only part you want to get rid of in the asparagus.
- Put the asparagus in boiling water for 5 minutes on the stove then remove it into ice or cold water to stop the cooking process and guarantee a nice green colour.
- Ten minutes before serving it, melt butter in a large pan on medium heat. Stir in the asparagus, salt and fresh ground pepper as well as garlic and hot sauce. Then drizzle the olive oil on top just before taking it off the stove.
- Don’t let the asparagus cook longer than 10 minutes so it stays al-dente and not overcooked.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Here is a healthy low calorie, gluten free breakfast recipe! A recipe by Maha...
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake
From 9 months. This is a perfect broccoli - cauliflower mix recipe to introduce your baby to...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!