Steak Avocado Salad
By Alia El Askalany • July 28, 2015
Definitely one of my favorite things to date – I can’t believe how simple and colorful this dish came out to be when I put it together, at first. The burst of flavors in this recipe stems from the mix of the ingredients not the spices or marinades used; you’ll be addicted to this summer meal salad in no time! Perfect for a special summer dinner 🙂
Recipe by Alia El Askalany
- 2 fillet steak - شريحة لحم
- 1 whole avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon chili powder - شطة مطحونة
- 2 whole lemon - ليمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 pinch pepper corn - فلفل اسود حب
- 1 handful cilantro (optional) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Season your steaks with salt & pepper. Lightly brush your grilling pan with olive oil and place on high heat.
- Once your pan is hot, fry the steaks over high heat for 2 minutes then lower heat to medium. Cook the steaks according to your preferred doneness, turning them only once. You will need 4 minutes for medium rare, 5 minutes for medium, 6 minutes for medium-well, and 8 minutes for well done.
- While steaks are grilling, prepare your avocado salad. Slice the avocado in the middle so you have two halves, remove seed, and cube each half with a knife just like you do with a mango. Carefully, scoop out the squares and place onto your serving plate. Squeeze one lemon and add salt, pepper & chili.
- After steaks are done, let them rest for 5 minutes so all the juices are absorbed, then carefully slice them diagonally into strips.
- Layer the steak onto the avocado salad bed and spoon Dijon on the side. Drizzle olive oil on top and another pinch of chili and you're good to go. You can also add freshly chopped cilantro for that extra summer crunch.
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat... and all you really...
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Cucumber & Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new...
Leeks are a special crop that comes in season in short intervals. It is commonly used in our Falafel but there are so many other ways to enjoy its freshness and uniqueness, like this Leek & Potato Soup. This recipe can be ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect side dish to all protein.
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]