Steak Avocado Salad
By Alia El Askalany • July 28, 2015
Definitely one of my favorite things to date – I can’t believe how simple and colorful this dish came out to be when I put it together, at first. The burst of flavors in this recipe stems from the mix of the ingredients not the spices or marinades used; you’ll be addicted to this summer meal salad in no time! Perfect for a special summer dinner 🙂
Recipe by Alia El Askalany
- 2 fillet steak - شريحة لحم
- 1 whole avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon chili powder - شطة مطحونة
- 2 whole lemon - ليمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 pinch pepper corn - فلفل اسود حب
- 1 handful cilantro (optional) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Season your steaks with salt & pepper. Lightly brush your grilling pan with olive oil and place on high heat.
- Once your pan is hot, fry the steaks over high heat for 2 minutes then lower heat to medium. Cook the steaks according to your preferred doneness, turning them only once. You will need 4 minutes for medium rare, 5 minutes for medium, 6 minutes for medium-well, and 8 minutes for well done.
- While steaks are grilling, prepare your avocado salad. Slice the avocado in the middle so you have two halves, remove seed, and cube each half with a knife just like you do with a mango. Carefully, scoop out the squares and place onto your serving plate. Squeeze one lemon and add salt, pepper & chili.
- After steaks are done, let them rest for 5 minutes so all the juices are absorbed, then carefully slice them diagonally into strips.
- Layer the steak onto the avocado salad bed and spoon Dijon on the side. Drizzle olive oil on top and another pinch of chili and you're good to go. You can also add freshly chopped cilantro for that extra summer crunch.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar...
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger,...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a special side dish to your fillet or fish dish. If you cant find baby potatoes, cut large potatoes in large cubes – same size as half baby potatoes. Also, make sure you get a good quality truffle […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Leeks are a special crop that comes in season in short intervals. It is commonly used in our Falafel but there are so many other ways to enjoy its freshness and uniqueness, like this Leek & Potato Soup. This recipe can be ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect side dish to all protein.