Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
By yasmine • November 14, 2018
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right winter carb. We chose Fusilli for this dish because of its spiral/ textured shape which helps the pasta to better hold onto the sauce with its simple yet flavourful ingredients.
Prepare it for a heartwarming dinner then take leftovers (if any are left!) into your lunchbox the next day. It is a filling meal in a bowl.
- 200 gram pasta (half a pack) - معكرونة
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/4 cup peas - بسلة
- 1/2 cup cauliflower (small florets) - قرنبيط
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- a drizzle cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- Place pasta in a medium pot and cover with hot water. Bring it to a boil then bring heat down to medium/low and let it simmer until cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil and butter in a large pan. Sauté garlic for a couple minutes.
- Add peas and cauliflower florets. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Use a ladle to transfer about half cup water from the pasta to the vegetables. Let it come to a simmer, lower heat and cover until cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Drain cooked pasta and add it to the vegetables. Drizzle cooking cream if using any. Stir and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and take it off the heat. Serve in a pasta bowl sprinkled with grated cheese.
Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle
This Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle is the simplest way to the heart of a loved one. It impresses with...
Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the...
Delicious Liver Alexandrian Style
Grilled liver is an amazing protein in taste, nutritional value and all the things you can do with...
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a special side dish to your fillet or fish dish. If you cant find baby potatoes, cut large potatoes in large cubes – same size as half baby potatoes. Also, make sure you get a good quality truffle […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]