Tasty Cauliflower Rice
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 19, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
Shewekar Elgharably is a certified health coach and a passionate clean eating cook. She is inspiring us with her rich and nutritious recipes that can help improve our eating habits leaving us more energetic, less stressed, feeling and looking healthier as well as inspired for a cleaner living. You can follow her on Instagram @shewekar or #healthyrocks or search her recipes exclusively here.
This Tasty Cauliflower Rice is the best healthy replacement for rice. No one will believe this is actually cauliflower.
- 1 whole cauliflower - قرنبيط
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 medium lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Cut off the cauliflower bottom and remove leaves. Then cut in half and separate the florets.
- Pulse the cauliflower in the food processor, maybe 4-5 times, just until it's the consistency of rice or sand. Don't pulse too much or you'll end up with cauliflower mush.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet. Sauté cauliflower for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and season with sea salt and pepper and stir to help the seasoning combine.
- Sprinkle parsley to garnish and serve warm.
Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty,...
Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something...
Simple Greens Chicken Broth
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!
Broccoli and Avocado Soup
Creamy, refreshing and so easy to prepare, the Broccoli and Avocado Soup is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It will be your new favourite soup.
Asian Quinoa Salad
This salad is so flavourful and full of nutrient-dense ingredients. Quinoa is a great substitute for rice and is a great option for people with diabetes. Quinoa tends to be bland on its own, however adding it to a salad makes it more tasty and exciting. This salad can be a good introduction to quinoa, […]