Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 20, 2016
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily
The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on top and enjoyed spicy. It is super tasty and perfect for hot summer days and any guilt free eating plan.
- 8 large cucumber (peeled, deseeded & chopped) - خيار
- 2 avocado (coarsely chopped) - أفوكادو
- 2 teaspoon green curry paste - صلصة الكارى الخضراء
- 2 teaspoon raw honey - عسل نقي
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest (grated) - قشر الليمون
- 1 red chili pepper (deseeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 370 ml coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 16 medium shrimp (shelled & deveined) - جمبري
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (for garnish) - رقائق جوز الهند
- 10 sprig cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a food processor, puree peeled cucumbers until smooth.
- Add avocados cubes, curry paste, honey, lemon zest & chili. Pulse until blended.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water, coconut milk & lime juice & pulse again until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled (about 15-30 minutes).
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive and add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned and crisp (about 3 minutes). Set aside.
- Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the shrimps, toasted coconut flakes and cilantro.
Traditional Dessert Sugar Syrup
This syrup is the main sweetener of most if not all Oriental desserts. You can prepare it in...
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled...
Stir-Fried Garlic & Ginger Bok Choy
Bok Choi to me was a scary cabbage that I didn’t know how to use or add to my salads since it has...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.