Light Sharkaseya & Chicken Dish
By Reeham Shaker • June 20, 2016
This is a simple and straightforward (and light) recipe for traditional Sharkaseya…
Recipe by Reham Shaker.
- 5 brown toast (edges removed) - توست أسمر
- 2 1/2 cup walnut (300 grams) - عين جمل / جوز
- 4 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 2 teaspoon dried coriander - كسبرة جافة
- 1/2 salt - ملح
- 2 teaspoon oil - زيت
- 1/4 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
Step by step
- Soak brown bread in milk (milk has to cover it).
- In a food processor, grind walnuts until finely chopped. Add soaked bread to it and blend again.
- Gradually add stock while blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Tip the creamy mixture into a large saucepan and add any remaining broth to it. Add salt. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes over medium heat until thickened. If the mixture gets too thick, you can mix in more stock or water.
- For the garlic mixture: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan, add garlic and coriander and stir for 2 minutes making sure the garlic browns but does not burn. Add garlic mix to the Sharkaseya sauce and stir.
- Serve warm with boiled chicken pieces and rice.
Chewy Toffee & Nut On Biscuits
It is chewy from the toffee, crunchy from the bottom biscuit while the whole almonds give it a...
Roast Beef On The Stove
There are several ways to do a roast beef - some people prefer putting it in the oven while others...
Fresh Guava & Pomegranate Dessert
الوصفة بالعربي This fruit dessert is a simple family favourite celebrating the...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Leave a comment