Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
By yasmine • November 17, 2019
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country.
In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with scrumptious roasted eggplants, to make it not only lighter, but also full of mouth-watering textures and Mediterranean flavours.
- 1 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 200g gram feta cheese (diced) - جبنه فيتا
- 100 gram black olives (deseeded & diced) - زيتون أسود
- 500 gram tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- 1 cup parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 tablespoon thyme (finely chopped) - زعتر
- 1 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Slice the eggplant into two halves lengthwise. Arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in a 200C oven for 25-30 minutes until roasted and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix diced tomatoes with cheese, olives, and parsley.
- Season with thyme, lime juice, salt, pepper and the remaining olive oil.
- To serve, place eggplant halves on large plate and spoon tomato-cheese mix over each half. Sprinkle some more partly and thyme for garnish. Serve with toasted bread on the side.
Pomegranate Jallab with Silvered Almonds
Such a simple refreshing drink, this Pomegranate Jallab is a popular drink in Lebanon and...
Basterma Green Salad
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once...
Everyday Mushroom Risotto
I used to get scared of risotto until I found my sister cooks it as a last minute dish when she was...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]