Roast Chicken with Lime & Herbs
By shahdan • February 3, 2016
When it comes to chicken, the combination of lime, thyme and rosemary is always phenomenal! With no added onions, this succulent & moist chicken roast is infused with the most delicate herbal aromas. The lime adds extra freshness, while the fragrant roasted potatoes make it absolutely comforting. This is what I call a joyful meal!
- 1 small chicken (about 1 kg) - دجاج
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 sprig rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 4 sprig thyme (or 2 tsp. dried thyme) - زعتر
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 medium potatoes - بطاطس
- 2 small garlic cloves minced - فصوص ثوم
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Marinate the chicken with the juice of one lime, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and half the rosemary and thyme quantity. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and place in an oven-proof dish. Add minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and a drizzle olive oil. Toss the potatoes together and arrange on the baking dish. Add half a cup of water on the potatoes to help them cook without burning.
- Place the marinated chicken over the potatoes. Sprinkle with extra thyme on top. Arrange sliced lime over the chicken. And finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 60- 75 minutes or until the chicken and the potatoes are cooked through. Ovens may vary so if you feel that the surface will burn, you can cover the dish with foil for half of the baking time. Best served with white rice and a simple salad.
One famous childhood recipe... This is how my grandma used to serve artichokes. It makes a great...
Broccoli Salad with Honey-Glazed Walnuts
Vibrant, fresh and nutritious, this Broccoli Salad will be your new favourite vegetable/salad dish...
Beram Freekeh & Meat Cubes
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is traditionally done with so-called rice pasta (Lessan...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!