Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
By shahdan • October 2, 2015
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a luscious creamy dill and lemon sauce. It’s time to dig in!
- 4 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 2 cup half cream milk - لبن نصف دسم
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1/2 cup cooking cream (could be replaced with an extra 1/2 cup milk) - كريم الطهي
- 1 large lemon (or replace with zest of two limes) - ليمون
- 2 teaspoon dill (thinly sliced) - شبت
- 1 cup broccoli (florets) - بروكلى
- to taste salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 500 gram tagliatelle - مكرونة تلياتلي
Step by step
- In a pot, heat the milk until warm, then add the salmon fillet pieces. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and leave to poach on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the fish is pink and cooked.
- Carefully remove the fish from the milk and set aside.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter then stir in the flour and mix. Pour in the salmon infused milk and whisk constantly until the milk thickens to the consistency of white pasta sauce.
- Stir in the cream for added richness, then add the finely chopped dill and the zest of one lemon. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Follow the pasta bag instructions to cook the pasta until al dente. Five minutes before the pasta is ready, drop the broccoli florets to cook with the pasta, then drain the water.
- To serve, divide the pasta and broccoli florets on 4 plates, and add one salmon fillet on top of each. Cover generously with dill lemon sauce and garnish with fresh dill.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and...
Light One-Pot Okra
This is the vegan version of my mother's 'nayy fe nayy bamia'. While she uses stock, I like to...
Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Paleo cooking refrains from processed sugars and gluten but doesn't compromise on good taste. This...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]