Sweet Potato Dessert with Croquant
By CairoCooking • April 7, 2020
This Sweet Potato Dessert is a very special dish for special occasions. It is not a light one, but it will sure impress all your guests.
This is not our own recipe, it was passed on from a friend, but we tried, tested and loved!
- 2 kg sweet potato - بطاطا
- 150 gram butter - زبدة
- 3/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 1 cup sugar (for croquant) - سكر
Step by step
- Wash and bake whole sweet potatoes in 180C oven until soft. Leave until cool enough to handle.
- Use your hands to peel the sweet potatoes and place the flesh in a bowl. Add butter and sugar and mix well while sweet potato is still warm. Transfer to serving pyrex.
- For the croquant, place one cup sugar in. pot and heat until golden. Drizzle over the sweet potato to create a very thin layer (make sure this layer is thin enough because it will be crunchy.)
- Bake in a 170C oven for 30- 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold with ice cream or cream.
Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Hassle-free and...
Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake
From 9 months. This is a perfect broccoli - cauliflower mix recipe to introduce your baby to...
Banana Peanut Butter Rolls
My son liked to dip bananas in peanut butter for breakfast, and one day he wanted to take to...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]