Simple 6 Layer Salad
By Nadine Azzam • August 21, 2015
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on all day. You can add chopped up protein like grilled chicken, beef strips, tuna or even eggs!
- 6 medium carrots - جزر
- 1 can chickpeas - حمص
- 4 large cucumber - خيار
- 3 medium yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1 bunch asparagus - الهليون
- 1 bunch chives - ورق بصل
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes - طماطم تشيري
- 1 bunch spinach - سبانخ
- 4 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 box salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup vinegar - خل
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 whole garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic and 1 teaspoon of honey together to make the dressing.
- Grate the carrots in a food processor, mix in some dressing and put it at the bottom of a large bowl.
- Rinse the chickpeas in water and add as a second layer on top of the carrots.
- Slice cucumbers thinly in a food processor, mix in some dressing and make the third layer.
- Half the yellow peppers (taking out the inside seeds) and place face up on a baking tray. Grill them in the oven for about 20 minutes till skin is black and easy to peel off, flip them and keep them under the grill for another ten minutes to make sure they are soft. Chop them up and sprinkle on top of cucumbers.
- Chop asparagus into chunks and boil for no more than ten minutes. Let them cool, add dressing and chives and make the next layer.
- To make the last layer you mix the chopped in half cherry tomatoes, chopped spinach, chopped spring onions with the rest of the dressing.
Mushroom & Onion Pie
Pies are so hearty, filling and a special treat on any dining table. I used store-bought short...
Thai Shrimp Curry
Easy, exotic, and heavenly... Cook this dish to wow your guests or to treat your loved ones with...
Beetroot & Goat Cheese Salad
The combination of beetroot and goat cheese is just heavenly. The honey-glazed almonds add...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]