Simple 6 Layer Salad
By Nadine Azzam • August 21, 2015
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on all day. You can add chopped up protein like grilled chicken, beef strips, tuna or even eggs!
- 6 medium carrots - جزر
- 1 can chickpeas - حمص
- 4 large cucumber - خيار
- 3 medium yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1 bunch asparagus - الهليون
- 1 bunch chives - ورق بصل
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes - طماطم تشيري
- 1 bunch spinach - سبانخ
- 4 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 box salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup vinegar - خل
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 whole garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic and 1 teaspoon of honey together to make the dressing.
- Grate the carrots in a food processor, mix in some dressing and put it at the bottom of a large bowl.
- Rinse the chickpeas in water and add as a second layer on top of the carrots.
- Slice cucumbers thinly in a food processor, mix in some dressing and make the third layer.
- Half the yellow peppers (taking out the inside seeds) and place face up on a baking tray. Grill them in the oven for about 20 minutes till skin is black and easy to peel off, flip them and keep them under the grill for another ten minutes to make sure they are soft. Chop them up and sprinkle on top of cucumbers.
- Chop asparagus into chunks and boil for no more than ten minutes. Let them cool, add dressing and chives and make the next layer.
- To make the last layer you mix the chopped in half cherry tomatoes, chopped spinach, chopped spring onions with the rest of the dressing.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I...
Light Vegetarian Moussaka
A simple meatless version of our classic Moussaka. The homemade tomato sauce tastes divine with a...
Light One-Pot Okra
This is the vegan version of my mother's 'nayy fe nayy bamia'. While she uses stock, I like to...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!