Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
By yasmine • January 5, 2017
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all the boxes. You will want to prepare batches of this soup and keep it in your fridge to warm up the whole family during the winter!
If you do not have chicken or vegetable broth, you may use water but add 2 bay leaves, 2 cardamom pods and extra salt and pepper.
- 1 kg pumpkin (peeled & cut in cubes) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 2 medium carrots (peeled & cut in cubes) - جزر
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 stem celery (roughly chopped with greens) - كرفس افرنجي
- 5 cup chicken broth/stock (OR veggie stock) - مرقة دجاج
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add minced onions. Sauté for 5 minutes before adding minced garlic and cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add cubed pumpkins, carrots and celery and stir. Add stock and let it come to a boil.
- Let the mix simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until pumpkins are tender. Put it off the heat.
- Use a handheld mixer or transfer your soup to a food processor and pulse until it is completely creamed. You can serve it right away or keep in fridge for up to three days.
Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate Salad
The Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate is a wholesome and filling salad that is also delicious...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time....
Grilled Veggies & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Nutrient-dense and antioxidant-rich delicious salad with a mix of grilled vegetables,...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!