Savoury Qatayef with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Cheese
By yasmine • June 14, 2016
Sun-dried tomatoes and cheese are a match made in heaven! Stuffing our traditional Qatayef with this mix provides a whole new take on a savory side dish we usually have with our soup in Ramadan.
If you like the white cheese & tomato dip, you should enjoy this stuffing as well. With a drizzle of pomegranate molasses while it is still hot, takes these Qatayef to a new level.
- 1 kg Qatayef (medium to large sized) - قطايف
- 100 gram white cheese unsalted - جبنة بيضاء ملح خفيف
- 50 gram baramili white cheese - جبنة براميلي
- sun-dried tomatoes (sliced) - طماطم مجففة
- 2 cup sunflower oil - زيت عباد الشمس
- 1 tablespoon oregano (optional) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- drizzle pomegranate molasses (optional) - دبس رمان
Step by step
- In a blender, mix the two cheese and oregano (if using any) until smooth. If it is a bit crumbly, add a tablespoon of olive oil to smoothen. Add sliced sun-dried tomatoes and pulse a couple of times so you keep some complete tomato bits in the stuffing,
- Using a small teaspoon, stuff the Qatayef with enough cheese making sure it is firmly binded and no cheese will ooze out in the oil. Once your close the Qatayef firmly you can freeze them for a month or proceed to frying and serving them.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan or pot. It should take about 5 minutes on medium heat. Fry the first batch of Qatayef making sure you don't overcram the oil. Each batch should take about 5 minutes to be crispy from the outside and soft from the inside.
- Remove the Qatayef from the oil and place it on a plate covered with kitchen paper to soak the excess oil. Serve it warm with a drizzle of pomegranate molasses for an extra kick.
Salted Pretzel Rocky Road Bites
This recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson's famous Rocky Road Crunch Bars. For the love of...
Balsamic Roasted Figs with Citrus Ricotta
This is one of those dishes that gets some people impressed from the sweetness combo with the...
Creamy Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings. This recipe also includes […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Leave a comment