Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
By yasmine • April 15, 2015
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we do it any time of the year and enjoy it indoors. We love its crunch and colours and zesty sweet taste.
You can replace the almonds with pumpkin or sunflower seeds – the idea is to have that nutty crunch in it. I use a honey mustard vinaigrette with it cause it highlights the sweetness of the carrots and adds a fresh tang.
- 5 carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1/2 cup coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 sprig mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 1 orange zest (optional) - قشر برتقال
- 1 handful almonds (toasted) - لوز
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Mix the mustard vinaigrette dressing ingredients well and set aside.
- Add the orange zest to the shredded carrots (I used my spiral for the shredding to get circular looking shreds). Then add the greens and toss it to distribute the greens.
- Add the dressing and toss it again before putting some toasted almonds (or pumpkin or sunflower seeds) on top.
Lovely Lentils Simplified
From 9 months. The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very...
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a...
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!
Leave a comment