Raw Chocolate Whoopies with Banana Coconut Filling
By yasmine • October 30, 2016
It’s nice to find a kids chocolate recipe that is sugar-free and that they would enjoy. These chocolate whoopies filled with creamy bananas and coconut are also perfect for trick or treating, if you’re fed up with all the sugary sweets.
- 2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened & raw) - بودرة كاكاو
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1 cup molasses (preferably raw) - عسل أسود
- 2 pack yoghurt (about 200g) - زبادي
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes - رقائق جوز الهند
- 2 bananas - موز
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (for brushing - OR olive oil) - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mash bananas then mix with yoghurt and coconut and set aside in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with parchment paper and brush it with some coconut or olive oil.
- Using a spatula or spoon, mix cocoa with flour and molasses. As the dough gets a bit wet but not fully incorporated, use your hands to knead it until it becomes like a cookie dough.
- Using your hands, creat chocolate balls and place them on the tray and press down into a thick circle. Repeat, leaving space between each cookie.
- Place it in the oven for about 8 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the oven tray.
- Using a teaspoon, put some banana coconut cream mix on one cookie bottom and sandwich the cream with another cookie bottom. Serve immediately or place it in the fridge until use. Can stay up to 3 days in the fridge.
Best Winter Treat: Gingerbread Men
Just in time for the holidays... Baking gingerbread men is one of the best ways to enjoy the...
Couscous Salad with Vegetables & Herbs
A colourful side dish, full of texture and flavour! Serve it with your favourite grilled meat...
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]