Simplified Sayyadeya Fish
By yasmine • August 17, 2016
This fish sayyadeya casserole is perfect for a lazy summer day. The fish is tender and delicious and the veggies are perfect with fish rice!
- 1/2 kg fish (seabass or any white fish - deboned and cut into large chunks or fillet) - سمك
- 2 tomatoes (sliced) - طماطم
- 2 small red onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أحمر
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 lime (unpeeled & sliced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 stalks green onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR corn oil) - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium oven dish or pyrex, sort fish fillet/slices in one layer. Pour the veggies and spices mix on top and distribute evenly.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes (or until fish is cooked through). Halfway through, make sure to shake the oven dish or stir the contents in order for the fish and veggies to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle fresh dill on top and a squeeze of lemon and serve warm next to tahini, a salad or fish rice.
Vermicelli with Almonds
Vermicelli with Almonds (she'reya) has always been an important dish on my family's dinner party-...
Blue Cheese & Walnut Sandwich
If you are a blue cheese lover, there's a high chance that this sandwich will become your new...
Classic Egyptian Lentils
A beautiful and filling Sohour dish, these delicious lentils always get the most attention on any...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]