By Shewekar Elgharably • May 4, 2015
It’s healthy and not loaded with sugar like the store-bought stuff! It’s good to keep at home for the whole family to enjoy for breakfasts and as a snack with fruits or yoghurt.
- 3 cup oats (or combination of rolled oats and quick oats or just quick oats) - شوفان
- 2 cup raw nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, peanuts) - مكسرات
- 3 cup seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax seeds - you may also use sesame or black seeds) - البذور
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup (you may also use raw honey, agave syrup) - شراب القيقب
- 11/4 cup raisins - زبيب
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 C – gas mark 4.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds so they are partially crushed.
- Then add them to a large mixing bowl with all the other dry ingredients (except the raisins & the cinnamon), and stir together.
- Melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup and cinnamon on the stove. Once dissolved, add it to the dry bowl and mix well.
- Place the mixture onto a baking sheet, spread it evenly and bake for 30-40 minutes until crunchy. During this time, you need to stir the mixture a couple of times to ensure that all granola gets toasted and the top doesn’t burn.
- Once the granola is cooked perfectly, remove the sheet from the oven and allow it to cool then stir in the raisins.
- Store the granola in an airtight container.
Mushroom & Onion Pie
Pies are so hearty, filling and a special treat on any dining table. I used store-bought short...
Pumpkin Mini Muffins
Recipe in Arabic مافين القرع العسلي These super yummy pumpkin muffins are one of...
Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
Pile this delicous creamy chicken sandwich with all your favorite nutritious greens, such as...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]