Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
By Lilian Boukheir • January 9, 2020
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
- 1.5 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 whole pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 3 whole tomato - طماطم
- 3 whole cucumber - خيار
- 1 whole onion (diced) - بصلة
- 1 bunch parsley (leaves finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1/2 bunch mint (leaves finely chopped) - نعناع
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 whole lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- To cook the quinoa, bring 1.5 cups of quinoa and 3 cups of water to a boil. Reduce to medium heat until water is at the same level with quinoa. Lower heat and cover for 4 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with fork then keep it covered for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa to a bowl and leave to cool until you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Dice tomatoes, onion and cucumber and finely chop mint and parsley.
- Combine veggies and herbs with cooled quinoa and add the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve cold.
Figs & Goat Cheese Oregano Pie
Fig season is here and can't stop thinking of all the fun recipes we can prepare using figs. It is...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and...
Not your traditional Fatta dish, this Chicken Shawerma Fatta will definitely impress the crowd,...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!