Zesty Fresh Spinach & Beetroot Salad
By shahdan • January 20, 2016
Vibrant, nutritious and full of bold textures and flavours… This salad will blow your mind away! Made with the season’s fresh produce, it is sweet, tangy and delicious without any added dressings! Try it, it might become your new salad addiction!
- 200 gram spinach (fresh leaves) - سبانخ
- 4 medium beetroot (boiled, peeled and cubed) - بنجر
- 2 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 200 gram feta cheese (good quality Greek feta) - جبنه فيتا
- 2 medium orange - برتقالة
- 10 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts - صنوبر
Step by step
- Place the washed and dried spinach leaves in the serving bowl or plate. Arrange the cooked beetroot cubes on top and add the lime juice.
- Next, cut the feta cheese into cubes and scatter on the dish.
- Peel the oranges, then slice them into round slices. Cut each slice into 4 quarters and arrange on the salad.
- Sprinkle the fresh mint leaves and the dried mint on top.
- Toast the pine nuts by spreading them on a dry pan over medium heat. Shake the pan until the nuts reach a golden colour (2- 3 minutes). Sprinkle on top of the salad and serve.
Cranberry & Almond Bread
This is so comforting, so good and addictive! Not just addictive to eat but also to make. It is the...
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it...
Meat Goulash (Egyptian Beef Filo Pie)
The meat goulash is such a traditional dish in Egypt and the south part of the Mediterranean. You...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]