Pumpkin Mini Muffins
By Hebba • October 12, 2015
Recipe in Arabic مافين القرع العسلي
These super yummy pumpkin muffins are one of the reasons why we love Halloween! Sweet, moist and nutritious, these are definitely one of our favourite treats.
This recipe is suitable for both, mini muffins for the lunchbox and regular sized muffins as a gift to friends.
(Recipe adapted from Super Healthy Kids: Toasted Coconut Pumpkin Bread recipe)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 1/4 cup molasses - عسل أسود
- 1/2 cup honey - عسل
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 kg pumpkin (1 cup cooked & pureed) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves - قرنفل
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- To puree the pumpkin, either cut small cubes and steam, or cut small cubes and roast in the oven. Then blend to puree.
- Mix together vanilla, salt, cinnamon powder, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Mix the coconut oil, pumkin puree, honey, molasses, eggs with a handheld mixer.
- Add the above dry ingredients plus whole wheat, baking powder and baking soda to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Divide batter into your greased muffin tins and bake until browned, about 10 minutes for mini muffins and 20 min for regular size muffins.
Leave a comment
One response to “Pumpkin Mini Muffins”
Leave a Reply
Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty. After figs season is over, I will be...
Indian Butter Chicken
The Indian Butter Chicken is a restaurant quality dish that you can eat in the comfort of your own...
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Very easy and delicious. My son loved them! I used all purpose flour though, and made the regular size muffins.