Orzo & Vegetables Salad
By shahdan • September 17, 2018
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to your family preference (like broccoli, tomatoes, olives, finely chopped baby spinach, cooked green beans…etc.)
The dressing is a simply composed of olive oil and sea salt. It might sound simple, but the flavours are big.
- 250 gram orzo - لسان عصفور
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1/2 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 cup peas (half-cooked then washed in cold water) - بسلة
- 2 medium cucumber - خيار
- 2 medium carrots (diced) - جزر
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced) - فلفل رومي احمر
- sea salt - ملح البحر
Step by step
- Cover the orzo with hot water and boil until cooked or follow package instructions for best results.
- Drain orzo, place in a bowl then add olive oil and stir. Set aside to cool.
- Cut cucumbers, carrots and pepper into small cubes. For best results, slice into thin julienne sticks, then chop the sticks into small cubes.
- Half-cook frozen peas in boiling water until slightly cooked yet still vibrant green (taste one to decide) then rinse with cold water.
- Drain sweet corn from can and rinse with fresh water.
- Add vegetables and corn to cooled orzo. Season with sea salt, cover and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. You may add precooked or leftover chicken pieces before serving.
Broccoli and Avocado Soup
Creamy, refreshing and so easy to prepare, the Broccoli and Avocado Soup is packed with vitamins,...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It's crispy...
Roasted Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي The Roasted Turmeric Chicken has bold flavours, vibrant colours, moist...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Leave a comment