Light Chicken Fatta
By shahdan • May 12, 2019
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock.
This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all the broth and daily soup preparations.
You will need to double the recipe for a large gathering.
- 2 shamy bread large - خبز شامي
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium chicken breast (2 cooked breasts on bones from boiled chicken) - صدور دجاج
- 3 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 medium tomatoes (grated) - طماطم
- 3 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1/2 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- For the yoghurt topping:
- 400 gram yoghurt - زبادي
- 2 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 2 small garlic - ثوم
- To garnish:
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 tablespoon raw nuts (favourite nut roasted in oven or dry pan until golden and fragrant) - مكسرات
Step by step
- Use scissors to slice bread into rectangles. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake in 180C oven for about 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Debone and slice two boiled chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Season generously with salt and pepper. Keep warm, preferably in some of its warm stock.
- In a bowl, mix the yoghurt with tahini, minced garlic and salt. Set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a pan. Add minced garlic. Sauté garlic for a minute on low heat, then add the grated tomatoes.
- Let the tomatoes cook with the garlic for a couple of minute then add the vinegar, followed by the stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place the bread on a serving plate. Arrange warm chicken on top. Use a spoon to drizzle hot tomato sauce over the chicken and bread then add the yoghurt.
- Garnish with parsley and roasted nuts and serve immediately. You can also keep the assembled dish (without the yoghurt) warm for a couple of minutes in a pre-heated (but turned off) oven.
Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on...
Creamy North Indian Fish Curry
Enjoy the exotic spices in this wonderful fish curry dish brought to you straight from India. You...
No-Junk Kids’ Burger
If burger is a kids-favourite dish, why don’t we make it as healthy as we can? This burger bursts...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]