Fishcakes with Dijon-Mayo Capers Dipping Sauce
By Aida Dessouki • September 29, 2015
This is a perfect fish recipe for kids especially if they are not fish fans. They will definitely like it!
Note: It is preferable that you use tuna soaked in water not oil. Also, you can prepare the dipping sauce in advance and refrigerate it.
Recipe by Aida Dessouki – baker and caterer at https://www.facebook.com/groups/891797210892829/
- 250 gram fish fillet - سمك فيليه
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (and more for coating) - بقسماط
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 2 red onions (minced) - بصل أحمر
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 can tuna fish (washed & drained) - تونة
- 1 medium egg - بيضة
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 tablespoon capers (washed & drained) - حب الكبر
- 1 small red onion (minced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 lime - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- In a large bowl, mix fish, breadcrumbs, parsley, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, ground coriander, minced red onions, mustard, tuna and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put more breadcrumbs in a plate. Form mixture into patties using around 1/4 cup of the mixture per patty, then coat each side with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with enough oil to coat the bottom and cook the fishcakes until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove and place on kitchen paper to drain the excess oil.
- Mix all ingredients of the Dijon-Mayo Caper Dressing in a medium bowl together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Artichoke & Lentil Salad
Full of colour, texture, and flavour, the Artichoke & Lentil Salad is the perfect way to eat...
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any...
Zesty Fresh Spinach & Beetroot Salad
Vibrant, nutritious and full of bold textures and flavours... This salad will blow your mind away!...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]