Grilled Veggies & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
By Nadine El Alaily • October 21, 2016
Nutrient-dense and antioxidant-rich delicious salad with a mix of grilled vegetables, goats cheese, pomegranate seeds and topped with a pomegranate-based dressing. Served cold. Only 300 calories.
- 75 gram eggplant (cubed - about 1/3 cup) - باذنجان رومي
- 40 gram bell pepper (cubed) - فلفل ملون
- 1 handful green beans (about 25grams) - فاصوليا خضراء
- 25 gram goat cheese (goat feta cheese - cubed) - جبن الماعز
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds (about 15grams) - بذور رمان
- 1 tablespoon onions (minced) - بصل
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- pinch cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 small garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Chop the vegetables in cubes and toss in a hot pan till tender. Boil the green beans and blanch.
- Chop parsley, onions and add to a bowl then add the cooked vegetables.
- For the dressing, mix olive oil, minced garlic, cinnamon, lime and pomegranate molasses. Drizzle over the salad.
- Add fresh pomegranate seeds and feta on the top then serve.
Fool-Proof One-Pot Molokheya
When it comes to Molokheya, everyone has a personal favourite. Some like it more garlicky, thicker...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime...
No-Mayo Pasta Salad
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]