Goop’s Broccoli & Arugula Soup
By yasmine • March 29, 2015
This is an original Goop detox recipe that I used to prepare for myself when I’m on a detox phase. The combination might seem strange to some people, but when I decided to serve it to my family since it’s full of nutrients, they found it delicious! I made some minor changes to the original recipe: I used butter instead of olive oil, some homemade chicken broth instead of water, increased the amount of arugula and added cream occasionally – just to make it creamier and more filling! They all loved it – including my 18 months toddler! The arugula gives it a fresh kick making it optimal as an Iftar soup on these hot Ramadan sunsets.
This recipe was inspired by “IT’S ALL GOOD” recipe book by Gwyneth Paltrow
- ½ kg broccoli (around 1 head) - بروكلى
- 1 bunch arugula (preferably the big leaves) - جرجير
- 1 tablespoon butter (OR olive oil for lower fat) - زبدة
- 1 onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 2 to 3 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water with a pinch of salt) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup water - ماء
Step by step
- In a large soup pot, fry onions in butter for 10 minutes then add the garlic for another couple of minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli florets then add the chicken broth and hot water. Season with salt and fresh pepper and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the arugula leaves (get rid of stems) and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer or a blender to smoothen the soup, then spoon in cream (if you want to) after you let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
Easy Smoked Salmon Blini
Party food at its best! These salmon blini are not only elegant and absolutely scrumptious but they...
Simple Grilled Salmon & Mixed Veggies
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This recipe is an...
Oozy Dark Chocolate Fondant
You know that fondant that you get addicted to at some restaurants and tend to go back to for...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!