Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
By shahdan • September 29, 2016
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your favourite proteins like fish, chicken, meat, or turkey. When I find baby potatoes, I cut them in half, toss them with olive oil and herbs, and roast them until they’re nice and soft. Since these are not easily found in Egypt, I simmer regular potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes first to reduce their roasting time.
- 4 medium potatoes - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 sprig rosemary (leafs handtorn) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Boil water in the kettle. Wash the potatoes very well and leave them whole and unpeeled.
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with boiling water and let them simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Discard boiling water and wash potatoes with fresh water. (They should still be uncooked and quite firm). Slice them (without peeling) into bite-size cubes then place them in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, then add garlic, oregano, rosemary (without stem), salt and pepper. Carefully give the potatoes a quick toss and place them in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until soft and golden. For best results, make sure you don't overcrowd the baking dish and give them a stir every 15 minutes.
Filling Red Cabbage Soup
A filling red cabbage soup can be a meal on its own. This pink violet soup is delicious, filling...
Green Caviar Dip
This recipe was a hit at one of my friend's gatherings and turns out she got this simple recipe...
Cozy Cauliflower Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This soup is the perfect hug in a mug. Even those who wouldn't...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!