Roasted Eggplant & Halloumi Spaghetti
By Mitch Designs • May 18, 2022
A hearty & flavorful pasta dish that is also light and easy to prepare. I used oat spaghetti and it tasted wonderful.
Roasting the succulent eggplants couldn’t be easier and the sauce actually cooks itself, yet this classic Mediterranean combination of flavors never fails in a simple lunch or a big gathering. Add pasta to it and you got yourself a wholesome dish. You can also add minced meat to the tomato sauce to complete the meal.
- 1 large eggplant (vertically thinly sliced) - باذنجان رومي
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (divided) - زيت زيتون
- 5 tomato (peeled and blended) - طماطم
- 6 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon oregano (OR thyme) - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 50 gram halloumi cheese (grated or shaved) - جبنه حالوم
- 2 tablespoon raisins (optional) - زبيب
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Brush pyrex with olive oil and slice the eggplants.
- Place the eggplants in one layer in the pyrex brush with little oil and put in the oven for 30 minutes until golden. Make sure you flip the slices at least once halfway through.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and fry the minced garlic for a couple of minutes on low heat.
- Add the tomato puree and bring it to boil. Stir in the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Lower heat, and let it simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Once eggplants are ready, adjust them in hte pyrex to cover the buttom. Season with salt & pepper. Tip the tomato sauce over it to cover. Grate Halloumi over it. You can also sprinkle some raisins on top.
- Place back in the oven for 15 minutes, until cheese has melted and flavors incorporated.
- In the meantime, boil your preferred pasta according to pack instructions. Oat-based pasta works well here..
- When you are ready to serve, tip the drained pasta over the eggplant mix and use your spoon to cut through the eggplants and mix-in the sauce to cover the pasta. Grate some more Halloumi on top and indulge.
Baby Spinach & Mozzarella Salad
Great for entertaining, this salad was created when I decided we need to eat these two beautiful...
Traditional Rice Me'ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and...
Duck & Rice Beraam
الوصفة بالعربي Rice “beraam” with meat or poultry is very famous in the Egyptian...