Frozen Banana Cream with Cranberries
By yasmine • September 13, 2015
Just before your bananas turn black from the heat – peel them, slice them and place them in a plastic bag, squeeze out the air and in the freezer! You can forget about them and get them out when needed or just wait 2-3 hours until they’re completely frozen.
Now the frozen bananas are ready to be blended into an ice cream consistency everyone will love! Especially, knowing it is light and sugar-free!
- 8 bananas - موز
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (OR chopped dried dates) - التوت البري المجفف
- 1/4-1/2 cup almonds (OR pecans) - لوز
- 2-3 tablespoon milk (OR coconut milk OR almond milk - optional) - لبن
Step by step
- Slice and freeze overly ripe bananas.
- Use a blender to smoothen the frozen bananas. You might need a couple of tablespoons of milk to ease the blender.
- Soak the dried cranberries in some warm water for 10 minutes before squeezing water out of them and sprinkling them on the banana cream.
- You can also toast some almonds or caramelised pecans and sprinkle them on top.
- To make caramelised pecans: add your raw pecans to a non-stick pan on medium heat and gradually add 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (You may use honey or maple syrup instead). Keep stirring so the pecans don't stick to the pan and making sure all the pecans are being coated. Once the caramel is formed around the pecans and they start to stiffen, remove from the heat and place on a parchment paper until it cools. You can break them apart with your hand or chop them up with a knife if you want smaller pieces.
Figs & Goat Cheese Oregano Pie
Fig season is here and can't stop thinking of all the fun recipes we can prepare using figs. It is...
No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party...
Guiltless Granola Bars
These Guiltless Granola Bars are the perfect snack. It is crunchy, semi-sweet and...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]