Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
By Dimah Jayyusi • July 13, 2016
In the kitchen, I’m a fan of rich flavor, but more important than that – an easy recipe, like this baked salmon with fresh herbs. Guests have asked me for this recipe – which is super easy to make. The only effort required is in the marinade preparation. Enjoy!
Recipe by Dimah Jayyusi.
- 4 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 3 piece garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 1.5 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/8 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 handful dill (chopped) - شبت
- 1 handful coriander (finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Mix all ingredients (except salmon steaks) to prepare the marinade.
- Sort salmon steaks, skin-side down, in a container, and drizzle with marinade. Seal container and give it a shake. Marinade for one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Place salmon steaks in an oven tray, skin-side down. Drizzle any remaining marinade.
- Bake in oven - uncovered - until flakey. It should take 20 to 30 minutes depending on salmon thickness. - until flaky.
- I normally serve it with steamed asparagus drizzled with lime juice & olive oil. Serve hot and enjoy!
Traditional Sweet Vermicelli (She3reyya)
Sweet Vermicelli or 'She3reyya bel Sokkar' is the perfect traditional winter warmer when you need...
Easy Shrimp Curry
Recipe in Arabicالجمبرى بالكارى This shrimp curry is not only flavoursome...
Chicken Strips with Pickled Lemon Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي A new take on chicken that is not just lovely when you're cooking for...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!