Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad is such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and still appetizing and suitable for any gathering.
- 2 fennel bulbs (cored & thinly sliced) - شمر او فونوكيا
- 2 red onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أحمر
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 1 cup arugula (OR baby spinach) - جرجير
- 1 handful parsley - بقدونس
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- ¾ cup feta cheese (crumbled) - جبنه فيتا
- ½ cup walnut (toasted) - عين جمل / جوز
- 1 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 teaspoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Mix all greens, cut fennel and sliced red onions together and serve in a large bowl.
- For the dressing: whisk minced garlic and dried mint with lime juice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, sumac, salt and pepper. Shake well & drizzle over the salad.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, crumbled feta cheese & toasted walnuts.
Warm Spiced Pumpkin with White Chocolate Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي If you haven't tried this festive pumkin dessert, you are missing out!...
Scrumptious Homemade Pretzels
Did you know that yummy pretzels can be baked from your leftover pizza dough? Yes – this is for...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!