Grain-free Almond Bread
By Shewekar Elgharably • December 9, 2015
This is a simple recipe for grain-free bread made with almonds and pumpkin seeds and served with love.
- 1 1/2 cup almonds (whole raw) - لوز
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch (or tapioca) - أرووروت النشا
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds - بذور اليقطين
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds - بذور عباد الشمس
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 eggs (organic eggs) - بيض
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts (soaked soaked mixed w 1/4 cup water & 1 tbsp apple cider) - الكاجو
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - شراب القيقب
- sesame seeds (for topping) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Grease & dust loaf pan w coconut oil & rice flour.
- Grind the raw almonds. Mix almonds together with the arrowroot starch or tapioca. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds & chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients - eggs, cashew cream, olive oil & organic maple syrup.
- Mix wet & dry together until there no lumps. Pour into the pan & smooth the top, sprinkle with rock salt & sesame seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Allow it to cool before cutting it.
Fishcakes with Dijon-Mayo Capers Dipping Sauce
This is a perfect fish recipe for kids especially if they are not fish fans. They will definitely...
Shami Chicken Fattah
An inherited original recipe from my Syrian/Lebanese in-laws. It is super easy, and can be served...
The Juiciest Shish Tawook
الوصفه بالعربي Simple, juicy, and full of flavour... This Shish Tawook recipe will...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.