Basterma Green Salad
By shahdan • June 2, 2015
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once at a family gathering, and it has been going viral ever since.
- 1/8 kg basterma - بسطرمة
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 large lettuce - خس
- 2 bunch arugula (baladi) - جرجير
- 3 medium tomatoes - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (optional) - صنوبر
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- In a pan, melt the butter and lightly fry the basterma for a minute or two. Take it out on kitchen tissue and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix your greens and add the sliced tomatoes and cheese and set aside.
- To toast the pine nuts, shake them in a dry pan over medium heat until they start turning golden. Set aside.
- In a jar, mix the dressing ingredients and use a garlic crusher to mince the garlic into the dressing. Shake well.
- Assemble your salad right before serving. Dress your greens with some of the dressing, then add the basterma and pine nuts on top and finally pour the rest of the dressing over the salad.
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
Yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Egyptian farmers are now growing all these new vegetables and greens that were earlier either...
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Leave a comment