By shahdan • April 13, 2015
Salmon Teriyaki made at home and at a fraction of the restaurant price! It’s time to impress! Make sure you have Cairocooking’s home-made teriyaki sauce in your fridge, or check out it’s recipe: Homemade Teriyaki .
This recipe takes around 15 minutes + marination time
- 2 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger ( grated) - جنزبيل
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 6 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (or to taste) - ترياكي صوص
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Marinate the salmon is the soy, ginger, and garlic powder (preferably for an hour or more if you have time).
- To grill the salmon, brush a pan with 1 tsp. oil, and put the salmon skin-side down on a medium heat for around4- 5 minutes. You will see how the color of the fillet will slowly start to change from translucent to light orange in the bottom half.
- Carefully, flip it over on the other side for another 3 minutes.
- The salmon is done when you insert a knife in the middle and find it flakey.
- Toast the sesame by placing the seeds on a medium heat in a dry pan until fragrant and golden (2-3 minutes). Be careful, the seeds can burn quickly.
- Add a few table spoons teriyaki and simmer for a minute.
- Serve with extra teriyaki sauce on the side and sprinkle toasted sesame on top.
Kitchari is India's detox meal. The classic recipe is cooked with rice. In this recipe, rice is...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner...
الوصفه بالعربي This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]