Beetroot & Mint Dip
By shahdan • October 14, 2016
Beetroot & mint are a match made in heaven! This hearty Beetroot & Mint dip is sweet, tangy, fragrant, and creamy… It makes a great dip for casual gatherings, served with vegetable sticks or crackers. For a colourful hour d’ouvre table, you may also want to serve it with a selection of other dips such as an Eggplant Dip, Bessara, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, White Beans Dip, Green Caviar Dip, or Guacamole.
- 4 medium beetroot (about 300 grams, cooked, peeled & cubed) - بنجر
- 1 handful mint (about 20 leaves) - نعناع
- 1 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt (or Labna) - زبادي
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- In a small food processor, add cubed cooked beetroots, mint leaves and minced garlic clove. Pulse for short intervals until very finely chopped yet not pureed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add lime juice and yoghurt or labna and stir. For best results, gradually add the yoghurt or labna while you mix to have control over the consistency you like.
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, and garnish with fresh mint leaves. You can store it in a sealed container in the fridge for a couple of days.
Everyday Mushroom Risotto
I used to get scared of risotto until I found my sister cooks it as a last minute dish when she was...
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Freekeh Vegetable Soup
The Freekeh Vegetable Soup is healthy, filling and delicious. Freekeh is full of nutritious...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]