Beetroot & Mint Dip
By shahdan • October 14, 2016
Beetroot & mint are a match made in heaven! This hearty Beetroot & Mint dip is sweet, tangy, fragrant, and creamy… It makes a great dip for casual gatherings, served with vegetable sticks or crackers. For a colourful hour d’ouvre table, you may also want to serve it with a selection of other dips such as an Eggplant Dip, Bessara, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, White Beans Dip, Green Caviar Dip, or Guacamole.
- 4 medium beetroot (about 300 grams, cooked, peeled & cubed) - بنجر
- 1 handful mint (about 20 leaves) - نعناع
- 1 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt (or Labna) - زبادي
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- In a small food processor, add cubed cooked beetroots, mint leaves and minced garlic clove. Pulse for short intervals until very finely chopped yet not pureed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add lime juice and yoghurt or labna and stir. For best results, gradually add the yoghurt or labna while you mix to have control over the consistency you like.
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, and garnish with fresh mint leaves. You can store it in a sealed container in the fridge for a couple of days.
Classic Mahalabeya (Milk Pudding)
This is an easy straight-forward recipe for classic Mahalabeya. The cream is essential because it...
Banana & Date Whole-Wheat Cake
I came across a lot of baking recipes when I tried to introduce my toddler to sweets without adding...
El-Mouled Gingerbread Cookies
When a classic christmassy recipe meets a very authentic presentation..Just the perfect way to...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.