Beetroot & Mint Dip
By shahdan • October 14, 2016
Beetroot & mint are a match made in heaven! This hearty Beetroot & Mint dip is sweet, tangy, fragrant, and creamy… It makes a great dip for casual gatherings, served with vegetable sticks or crackers. For a colourful hour d’ouvre table, you may also want to serve it with a selection of other dips such as an Eggplant Dip, Bessara, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, White Beans Dip, Green Caviar Dip, or Guacamole.
- 4 medium beetroot (about 300 grams, cooked, peeled & cubed) - بنجر
- 1 handful mint (about 20 leaves) - نعناع
- 1 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt (or Labna) - زبادي
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- In a small food processor, add cubed cooked beetroots, mint leaves and minced garlic clove. Pulse for short intervals until very finely chopped yet not pureed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add lime juice and yoghurt or labna and stir. For best results, gradually add the yoghurt or labna while you mix to have control over the consistency you like.
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, and garnish with fresh mint leaves. You can store it in a sealed container in the fridge for a couple of days.
Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger...
Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty. After figs season is over, I will be...
Easy Vegan Tortilla Pizza
The tortilla pizza is such a fun lunchbox idea that will definitely please your kids. The...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]