Beetroot & Mint Dip
By shahdan • October 14, 2016
Beetroot & mint are a match made in heaven! This hearty Beetroot & Mint dip is sweet, tangy, fragrant, and creamy… It makes a great dip for casual gatherings, served with vegetable sticks or crackers. For a colourful hour d’ouvre table, you may also want to serve it with a selection of other dips such as an Eggplant Dip, Bessara, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, White Beans Dip, Green Caviar Dip, or Guacamole.
- 4 medium beetroot (about 300 grams, cooked, peeled & cubed) - بنجر
- 1 handful mint (about 20 leaves) - نعناع
- 1 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt (or Labna) - زبادي
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- In a small food processor, add cubed cooked beetroots, mint leaves and minced garlic clove. Pulse for short intervals until very finely chopped yet not pureed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add lime juice and yoghurt or labna and stir. For best results, gradually add the yoghurt or labna while you mix to have control over the consistency you like.
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, and garnish with fresh mint leaves. You can store it in a sealed container in the fridge for a couple of days.
Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
In the kitchen, I'm a fan of rich flavor, but more important than that - an easy recipe, like this...
Tomatoey Pasta Sauce With Lots of Greens
This is the grown up version of the kids healthy tomato pasta sauce - with added fresh spinach and...
Fig & Pomegranate Green Salad
With fresh healthy greens, sweet figs and super nutritious pomegranates, this extremely easy to...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]