Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
By yasmine • May 20, 2015
It’s a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It’s great to have as a dip or a healthy sandwich filler.
- 2 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 1 small red onion (diced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 large tomato (deseeded and diced) - طماطم
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper (diced) or red bell pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds (optional) - بذور رمان
- 2 medium lemon - ليمون
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Heat oven at 180C. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, lather with olive oil, poke skin and roast in the oven skin down for 30 to 45 minutes until tender.
- Use a fork to scratch out the eggplants tender insides, and put in a medium bowl to cool for a few minutes.
- Mix in the red onions, pepper, pomegranate, ending with tomato and parsley. Add the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
The Shrimp Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي This is originally a Crave recipe that I learned to do at home. It...
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]