Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
By yasmine • May 20, 2015
It’s a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It’s great to have as a dip or a healthy sandwich filler.
- 2 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 1 small red onion (diced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 large tomato (deseeded and diced) - طماطم
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper (diced) or red bell pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds (optional) - بذور رمان
- 2 medium lemon - ليمون
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Heat oven at 180C. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, lather with olive oil, poke skin and roast in the oven skin down for 30 to 45 minutes until tender.
- Use a fork to scratch out the eggplants tender insides, and put in a medium bowl to cool for a few minutes.
- Mix in the red onions, pepper, pomegranate, ending with tomato and parsley. Add the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
Crispy Cauliflower & Broccoli Gratin
So heartwarming and delicious, this baked dish is a perfect veggie option for the whole family. It...
This Coconut Ashoura is pure happiness in a bowl. It is deliciously creamy, super nutritious, and...
Blue Cheese Roasted Figs
Figs season is here and its time to get creative! This is a great sweet and sour recipe for those...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]