Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
By yasmine • May 20, 2015
It’s a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It’s great to have as a dip or a healthy sandwich filler.
- 2 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 1 small red onion (diced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 large tomato (deseeded and diced) - طماطم
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper (diced) or red bell pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate (optional) - رمان
- 2 medium lemon - ليمون
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Heat oven at 180C. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, lather with olive oil, poke skin and roast in the oven skin down for 30 to 45 minutes until tender.
- Use a fork to scratch out the eggplants tender insides, and put in a medium bowl to cool for a few minutes.
- Mix in the red onions, pepper, pomegranate, ending with tomato and parsley. Add the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
Molasses & Ginger Roasted Salmon
After several years of grilling salmon and watching cooking shows, I perfected my salmon. It is...
Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy...
Grilled Veggies & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Nutrient-dense and antioxidant-rich delicious salad with a mix of grilled vegetables,...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]