Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
By yasmine • May 20, 2015
Not just an incredible dip and appetiser, this hummus is great for kids not just with a sweetness kick but also full of nutrition – red bell peppers contain loads of Vitamin A and C while the hummus grain is a great source of iron and potassium. It also can stay up to a week in the fridge to be used with your baladi or pita bread sandwiches or as a dip for dinner with crudités.
- 200 gram chickpeas - حمص
- 2 large red bell pepper - فلفل رومي احمر
- 4 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 large lemon - ليمون
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (and a little more for lathering the red pepper) - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
Step by step
- Wash the hummus beans and leave them soaked in water overnight then boil for 30 minutes until softened. Reserve the remaining water.
- Heat the oven at 180C. Cut the red pepper in half lengthwise, deseed and roast face down (skin side up) and lather in some olive oil. Place them in the oven for 30 minutes. Let them cool then peel the skin off and roughly chop the roasted red pepper.
- Put the soft hummus in the blender for a few minutes, and then add tahini, minced garlic, lime juice, cumin, paprika and salt. Add some of the hummus water bit by bit to achieve a thick creamy consistency. Finally add the chopped red pepper to the blender.
- Mix in the olive oil using a spatula or a spoon as well as more lemon, salt or cumin to taste.
Baked Greek Shrimps with Feta
This recipe is the winner of #MyBestDish cooking competition. Traditional Greek recipe, and...
Balsamic glaze is a thick balsamic vinegar reduction that is great for salads, grilled veggies,...
Spinach & Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato & Carrot Cream Sauce
This recipe is the runner-up to #MyBestDish cooking competition. This recipe is perfect for any...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]