Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
By shahdan • April 19, 2021
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and bake! Quick, easy & delicious!
Check out how to use the same recipe to make Quick Homemade Pizza
Try serving these Zaatar Mana’ish next to a Traditional Fattoush Salad
- 1 cup all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 1 cup wholemeal flour - دقيق أسمر
- 1 cup yoghurt (measuring cup not commercial cup) - زبادي
- 2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1 pinch sea salt - ملح البحر
- 3 tablespoon Zaatar - زعتر محوج
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or enough to make a paste) - زيت الزيتون بكر
Step by step
- Combine flour with baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the yoghurt and mix.
- Use your hands to bring the dough together into a ball.
- Dust a clean working surface and rolling pin with flour.
- Roll out the dough into the desired shape.
- Lightly grease a baking pan with olive oil, then carefully move the dough to the pan.
- Mix zaatar with olive oil and spread it evenly onto the dough leaving the edges clean.
- Lightly brush the edges with olive oil.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve with sliced tomatoes, labna, or your favourite salad and soup.
Fast & Healthy No-Mayo Coleslaw
This is a healthier version of the creamy, crunchy classic version. Just throw one pack of coleslaw...
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives...
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]