Peanut Butter Chicken Fillets
By yasmine • January 10, 2016
This recipe is inspired by an amazing dish we tried at a Latin restaurant – peanut chicken tortilla wrap. It is simple, yet really different and tasty. While Latinos serve this chicken with tortillas and avocado, I like to serve it to my family with any type of rice and a green salad – so you may choose what you prefer.
Most Latin recipes use a special South American chili – which I replaced with red chili and it works!
- 1 kg chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1 cup peanut butter (if unsweetened - ADD 1 tablespoon honey) - زبدة الفول السوداني
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper (deseeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 4 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1/4 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon coriander (roughly chopped AND extra for garnish) - كزبرة
- 1 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Mix peanut butter with salt, chili, butter, sesame oil, garlic and stock or water. Blend until smooth and pour into an oven dish.
- Add the whole chicken fillets to the mix coating them evenly. Top with fresh coriander.
- Cover with foil and place the dish in the middle of the 180C preheated oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Before serving, add lime juice and sprinkle some fresh black pepper over the chicken. Garnish with fresh coriander. You may cut the chicken into horizontal pieces for easier serving. Serve warm.
Nutritious Freekeh with Chicken Dish
Extremely nutritious, freekeh is one of the healthiest grains. This grain can be easily cooked into...
Gluten-Free Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
Pile this delicous creamy gluten-free chicken sandwich with all your favorite chemical-free greens...
Tropical Fruit Salad
The tropical fruit salad is not just refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also elevates a simple...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]