Peanut Butter Chicken Fillets
By yasmine • January 10, 2016
This recipe is inspired by an amazing dish we tried at a Latin restaurant – peanut chicken tortilla wrap. It is simple, yet really different and tasty. While Latinos serve this chicken with tortillas and avocado, I like to serve it to my family with any type of rice and a green salad – so you may choose what you prefer.
Most Latin recipes use a special South American chili – which I replaced with red chili and it works!
- 1 kg chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1 cup peanut butter (if unsweetened - ADD 1 tablespoon honey) - زبدة الفول السوداني
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper (deseeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 4 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1/4 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon coriander (roughly chopped AND extra for garnish) - كزبرة
- 1 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Mix peanut butter with salt, chili, butter, sesame oil, garlic and stock or water. Blend until smooth and pour into an oven dish.
- Add the whole chicken fillets to the mix coating them evenly. Top with fresh coriander.
- Cover with foil and place the dish in the middle of the 180C preheated oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Before serving, add lime juice and sprinkle some fresh black pepper over the chicken. Garnish with fresh coriander. You may cut the chicken into horizontal pieces for easier serving. Serve warm.
Sweet & Sour Chicken with Jasmine Rice
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger,...
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet, creamy, and so heart-warming, what's a better winter warmer than home baked...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]