Peanut Butter Chicken Fillets
By yasmine • January 10, 2016
This recipe is inspired by an amazing dish we tried at a Latin restaurant – peanut chicken tortilla wrap. It is simple, yet really different and tasty. While Latinos serve this chicken with tortillas and avocado, I like to serve it to my family with any type of rice and a green salad – so you may choose what you prefer.
Most Latin recipes use a special South American chili – which I replaced with red chili and it works!
- 1 kg chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1 cup peanut butter (if unsweetened - ADD 1 tablespoon honey) - زبدة الفول السوداني
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper (deseeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 4 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1/4 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon coriander (roughly chopped AND extra for garnish) - كزبرة
- 1 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Mix peanut butter with salt, chili, butter, sesame oil, garlic and stock or water. Blend until smooth and pour into an oven dish.
- Add the whole chicken fillets to the mix coating them evenly. Top with fresh coriander.
- Cover with foil and place the dish in the middle of the 180C preheated oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Before serving, add lime juice and sprinkle some fresh black pepper over the chicken. Garnish with fresh coriander. You may cut the chicken into horizontal pieces for easier serving. Serve warm.
Mini Konafa Cups
These mini Konafa cups are so easy to prepare and just optimal for small gatherings. You can...
Butter & Garlic Carrot Bites
From 12 months. The best solution to help toddlers (from 1 year) feed themselves is to provide...
Carrot & Ginger Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Carrot & Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]