Peanut Butter Chicken Fillets
By yasmine • January 10, 2016
This recipe is inspired by an amazing dish we tried at a Latin restaurant – peanut chicken tortilla wrap. It is simple, yet really different and tasty. While Latinos serve this chicken with tortillas and avocado, I like to serve it to my family with any type of rice and a green salad – so you may choose what you prefer.
Most Latin recipes use a special South American chili – which I replaced with red chili and it works!
- 1 kg chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1 cup peanut butter (if unsweetened - ADD 1 tablespoon honey) - زبدة الفول السوداني
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper (deseeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 4 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1/4 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon coriander (roughly chopped AND extra for garnish) - كزبرة
- 1 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Mix peanut butter with salt, chili, butter, sesame oil, garlic and stock or water. Blend until smooth and pour into an oven dish.
- Add the whole chicken fillets to the mix coating them evenly. Top with fresh coriander.
- Cover with foil and place the dish in the middle of the 180C preheated oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Before serving, add lime juice and sprinkle some fresh black pepper over the chicken. Garnish with fresh coriander. You may cut the chicken into horizontal pieces for easier serving. Serve warm.
Traditional Foul BelKhalta
الوصفة بالعربي This traditional foul belKhalta is a family favourite recipe, that we...
Coffee-Rubbed Beef Fillet Chunk
Yes, coffee! It's bitter, it creates a beautiful crust to the meat and most importantly the recipe...
Vietnamese Spring Vegetables Soft Rolls
This is the ultimate summer appetiser! Full of crunch and freshness and oh so good for you. You can...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.