Peanut Butter Chicken Fillets
By yasmine • January 10, 2016
This recipe is inspired by an amazing dish we tried at a Latin restaurant – peanut chicken tortilla wrap. It is simple, yet really different and tasty. While Latinos serve this chicken with tortillas and avocado, I like to serve it to my family with any type of rice and a green salad – so you may choose what you prefer.
Most Latin recipes use a special South American chili – which I replaced with red chili and it works!
- 1 kg chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1 cup peanut butter (if unsweetened - ADD 1 tablespoon honey) - زبدة الفول السوداني
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper (deseeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 4 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1/4 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon coriander (roughly chopped AND extra for garnish) - كزبرة
- 1 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Mix peanut butter with salt, chili, butter, sesame oil, garlic and stock or water. Blend until smooth and pour into an oven dish.
- Add the whole chicken fillets to the mix coating them evenly. Top with fresh coriander.
- Cover with foil and place the dish in the middle of the 180C preheated oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Before serving, add lime juice and sprinkle some fresh black pepper over the chicken. Garnish with fresh coriander. You may cut the chicken into horizontal pieces for easier serving. Serve warm.
You know that 'batates sandwich' everyone loves at 'foul' shops? These quesadillas are the Mexican...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for....
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]