Chicken Salad Sandwich with Dried Cranberries
By CairoCooking • September 25, 2016
For a hassle-free morning, prepare this creamy chicken-salad sandwich filler one day in advance and use it in the morning to prepare the most delicious and nutritious chicken sandwiches! Make sure to have lots of fresh greens, such as baby spinach, arugula, or lettuce, readily washed and hand-torn in the fridge to complete this yummy sandwich!
- 1 medium chicken breast fillet OR NM Hormone-Free Chicken Fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1 medium carrot OR NM Carrot- Peeled & Sliced (Chemical Free) - جزرة
- 1 small green onion (or half a small white onion) - بصل أخضر
- 1 piece cardamom - حبهان
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 stick celery (thinly shredded) OR NM Celery (Chemical Free) - كرفس افرنجي
- 1 pinch garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 1 handful baby spinach OR NM Baby Spinach (Chemical Free) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 handful lettuce - خس
- 4 slice rye bread OR NM Rye Mix Bread
- sea salt (to taste) OR Eden Sea Salt (Portugese) by NM - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place chicken fillet in a small pot with the green onions, cardamom, half the carrot, salt and pepper. Cover with water and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from water, allow to cool then cut into cubes.
- In a separate bowl, mix yoghurt with Dijon mustard, finely chopped celery and garlic powder. Grate the remaining carrot and add to the mixture. Add cooled chicken cubes and dried cranberries and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You may store it in a sealed box in the fridge to use as sandwich filler later on.
- To prepare the sandwiches, arrange baby spinach and/or lettuce on 2 slices of rye bread. Divide the chicken salad filling between the two slices, then top them with the remaining 2 rye bread slices. Press gently and wrap them tightly for the lunchbox.
Yummy Zucchini Carrot Fritters
These Zucchini Carrot Fritters are just so yummy. The kids love them and are ready to add them to...
Halawa & Chocolate Spread
Recipe by Jummana Lotfy. Egyptian Nutella, as my kids like to call it, is an easy recipe for...
Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
Easy & quick Chocolate Mug Cake to satisfy your chocolate craving. Recipe uploaded by Noha...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.