Chicken Salad Sandwich with Dried Cranberries
By CairoCooking • September 25, 2016
For a hassle-free morning, prepare this creamy chicken-salad sandwich filler one day in advance and use it in the morning to prepare the most delicious and nutritious chicken sandwiches! Make sure to have lots of fresh greens, such as baby spinach, arugula, or lettuce, readily washed and hand-torn in the fridge to complete this yummy sandwich!
- 1 medium chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1 medium carrot - جزرة
- 1 small green onion (or half a small white onion) - بصل أخضر
- 1 piece cardamom - حبهان
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 stick celery - كرفس افرنجي
- 1 pinch garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 1 handful baby spinach - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 handful lettuce - خس
- 4 slice rye bread
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place chicken fillet in a small pot with the green onions, cardamom, half the carrot, salt and pepper. Cover with water and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from water, allow to cool then cut into cubes.
- In a separate bowl, mix yoghurt with Dijon mustard, finely chopped celery and garlic powder. Grate the remaining carrot and add to the mixture. Add cooled chicken cubes and dried cranberries and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You may store it in a sealed box in the fridge to use as sandwich filler later on.
- To prepare the sandwiches, arrange baby spinach and/or lettuce on 2 slices of rye bread. Divide the chicken salad filling between the two slices, then top them with the remaining 2 rye bread slices. Press gently and wrap them tightly for the lunchbox.
Not your traditional Fatta dish, this Chicken Shawerma Fatta will definitely impress the crowd,...
Sweet Pumpkin Béchamel
الوصفة بالعربي No matter how many pumpkin recipes we try, the Egyptian traditional...
No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]