Chicken Salad Sandwich with Dried Cranberries
By CairoCooking • September 25, 2016
For a hassle-free morning, prepare this creamy chicken-salad sandwich filler one day in advance and use it in the morning to prepare the most delicious and nutritious chicken sandwiches! Make sure to have lots of fresh greens, such as baby spinach, arugula, or lettuce, readily washed and hand-torn in the fridge to complete this yummy sandwich!
- 1 medium chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1 medium carrot - جزرة
- 1 small green onion (or half a small white onion) - بصل أخضر
- 1 piece cardamom - حبهان
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 stick celery - كرفس افرنجي
- 1 pinch garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 1 handful baby spinach - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 handful lettuce - خس
- 4 slice rye bread
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place chicken fillet in a small pot with the green onions, cardamom, half the carrot, salt and pepper. Cover with water and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from water, allow to cool then cut into cubes.
- In a separate bowl, mix yoghurt with Dijon mustard, finely chopped celery and garlic powder. Grate the remaining carrot and add to the mixture. Add cooled chicken cubes and dried cranberries and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You may store it in a sealed box in the fridge to use as sandwich filler later on.
- To prepare the sandwiches, arrange baby spinach and/or lettuce on 2 slices of rye bread. Divide the chicken salad filling between the two slices, then top them with the remaining 2 rye bread slices. Press gently and wrap them tightly for the lunchbox.
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of...
Summer Lime Karkadeh (Hibiscus)
Since Karkadeh is just consumed in Ramadan. I personally think it's the perfect summer drink of all...
Winter-Warming Roasted Chestnuts
You know that cold winter night when you just need to cuddle on the sofa and nibble at something?...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]