White Beans Mayonnaise with a Kick
By Maha Yacine • June 16, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This recipe has been tested in the CairoCooking kitchen and it turned out absolutely delicious. Similar in taste to the traditional hummus salad/spread served with grilled meat and shish tawook, this white bean spread is tasty and all creamy. The recipe was tested using Dijon mustard instead of regular, and parsley to garnish instead of the chives! No wasabi was used and the result: yum!
This is a great dressing for grilled meat replacing fatty mayonnaise and heavy sauces. You can also serve it with some tortillas as tapas. The good thing about it is that you can have a lot of it without feeling guilty!
- 1 cup white beans (soaked for a day) - فاصوليا بيضاء
- 1 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 garlic - ثوم
- 2 tablespoon lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/3 cup water - ماء
- 1 handful chives (chopped - for garnish) - ورق بصل
- 1 drop wasabi (optional) - الوسابي
Step by step
- Cook the white beans in salted water until tender.
- Blend the beans with olive oil, salt and pepper, lime, nutmeg, garlic and mustard (and wasabi). You may want to add some water for consistency.
- You can mix in or garnish with the chives before serving.
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Chicken Avocado Sandwich
Whether it's your child's packed lunch or your own, make sure it's healthy and wholesome! It is...
Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Hassle-free and...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]