White Beans Mayonnaise with a Kick
By Maha Yacine • June 16, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This recipe has been tested in the CairoCooking kitchen and it turned out absolutely delicious. Similar in taste to the traditional hummus salad/spread served with grilled meat and shish tawook, this white bean spread is tasty and all creamy. The recipe was tested using Dijon mustard instead of regular, and parsley to garnish instead of the chives! No wasabi was used and the result: yum!
This is a great dressing for grilled meat replacing fatty mayonnaise and heavy sauces. You can also serve it with some tortillas as tapas. The good thing about it is that you can have a lot of it without feeling guilty!
- 1 cup white beans (soaked for a day) - فاصوليا بيضاء
- 1 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 garlic - ثوم
- 2 tablespoon lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/3 cup water - ماء
- 1 handful chives (chopped - for garnish) - ورق بصل
- 1 drop wasabi (optional) - الوسابي
Step by step
- Cook the white beans in salted water until tender.
- Blend the beans with olive oil, salt and pepper, lime, nutmeg, garlic and mustard (and wasabi). You may want to add some water for consistency.
- You can mix in or garnish with the chives before serving.
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Traditional Kahk – Egyptian Festive Cookies
Egyptian Eid cookies or what we call "kahk" is a dessert that is usually baked in happy occasions...
Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
Nothing in your child's lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]