White Beans Mayonnaise with a Kick
By Maha Yacine • June 16, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This recipe has been tested in the CairoCooking kitchen and it turned out absolutely delicious. Similar in taste to the traditional hummus salad/spread served with grilled meat and shish tawook, this white bean spread is tasty and all creamy. The recipe was tested using Dijon mustard instead of regular, and parsley to garnish instead of the chives! No wasabi was used and the result: yum!
This is a great dressing for grilled meat replacing fatty mayonnaise and heavy sauces. You can also serve it with some tortillas as tapas. The good thing about it is that you can have a lot of it without feeling guilty!
- 1 cup white beans (soaked for a day) - فاصوليا بيضاء
- 1 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 garlic - ثوم
- 2 tablespoon lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/3 cup water - ماء
- 1 handful chives (chopped - for garnish) - ورق بصل
- 1 drop wasabi (optional) - الوسابي
Step by step
- Cook the white beans in salted water until tender.
- Blend the beans with olive oil, salt and pepper, lime, nutmeg, garlic and mustard (and wasabi). You may want to add some water for consistency.
- You can mix in or garnish with the chives before serving.
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
The Greenest Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya)
It's time to give home-made ta3meyya dough a chance! Why buy it when the home-made one is...
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]