Vietnamese Spring Vegetables Soft Rolls
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 6, 2015
This is the ultimate summer appetiser! Full of crunch and freshness and oh so good for you. You can take it in boxes to the beach and you’ll find your kids and friends dipping it in the delicious sauce and eating it up before you know it. A must try! Worth every fold.
- 8 rice paper - ورق الأرز
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded & thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 red pepper (seeded & thinly sliced) - فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (leaves) - كابوتشا
- carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1 avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 cup red cabbage (thinly shredded) - كرنب أحمر
- 2 tablespoon mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 2 tablespoon basil (chopped) - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon water (add more if needed to desired consistency) - ماء
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (OR sweet chili sauce - optional) - شراب القيقب
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients to combine. Add additional water if the sauce is too thick. Set aside.
- Working one at a time, soak the rice paper rolls in warm water until flexible (about half a minute).
- Lay the roll on a clean surface. About 1cm from the edge, stack a quarter of the red pepper, yellow pepper, shredded carrot & cabbage.
- Add 2 leaves of lettuce, an avocado strip and herbs. Roll, tucking in the edges as you go.
- Gently slice each roll in half and serve with tahini sauce on the side.
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt...
Oven-Baked Fish with Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي The beauty of this homemade oven-baked fish lies in its simplicity....
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]