Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
By shahdan • December 15, 2019
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
- 6 piece steak (rib eye, or beef fillets) - شريحة لحم
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
Step by step
- Take steaks from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Pat dry, then rub with a little olive oil on all sides and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan until very hot. Sear steak (in batches) for a few minutes on each side until you reach the desired doneness.
- Keep cooked steak covered (with foil) to rest until the whole batch is cooked.
- In the same pan, lower heat and add butter and cooking cream. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the pan. Add Dijon mustard and stir until sauce comes together. Pour in the remaining juices from the steak, stir, and adjust seasoning.
- Slice the rested steak into strips and serve next to French fries and the creamy mustard sauce on the side. Serve immediately.
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
The Christmas Chestnut Turkey Breast Anyone Can Prepare
الوصفه بالعربي A joyous and hassle-free Christmas turkey with sweet maple syrup and...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]