Soy & Ginger Bulgur Salad
By shahdan • March 10, 2017
The soy & ginger bulgur is an exotic and tasty salad on its own, as well as a great side dish to grilled poultry, fish or beef.
Bulgur is a kind of cracked wheat, mostly famous for the Lebanese Tabbouleh. It is easily cooked, nutritious and tends to absorb accompanying flavors making it super-delicious. This salad tastes even better the next day, when all fragrant ingredients have blended together. It is a great choice for made-in-advance dishes.
- 1.5 cup bulgur - برغل
- 3 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 cup peas - بسلة
- 1 cup green beans (trimmed and chopped) - فاصوليا خضراء
- 2 medium carrots - جزر
- 1/2 bunch coriander (finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 1/3 cup almonds (raw) - لوز
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 1 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1.5 tablespoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Place bulgur in a medium bowl and cover it with the boiling water. Cover the bowl and set aside for 20-30 minutes until bulgur is soft and cooked-through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the veggies. Boil green beans for about 4 minutes or until soft yet still crisp. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Cook the frozen peas in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the carrots then chop them into small cubes. Chop coriander leaves discarding stems.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small jar or bowl, and mix.
- When the bulgur is tender, drain any extra water and place it in a salad bowl. Add veggies, almonds and dressing. Mix gently until well-combined. For best results, cover and refrigerate before serving.
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger,...
My friend prepared these for a kids party and they were a big hit! Both, kids and grown ups, loved...
Classical Rice Pudding
Dig into this classic rice pudding and enjoy its delicate flavour. It is super silky & creamy,...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]