By shahdan • June 19, 2019
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family.
Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or for healthier alternatives, tahini & molasses mix, raw honey, Halawa & Chocolate Spread and Homemade Date Syrup.
As for a savoury crepe, cream cheese is always a favorite, labna and olives, or melted cheddar cheese. This crepe also makes a great appetiser when filled with cream cheese, chives, and smoked salmon and sliced into bite size pieces.
- 1 flour cup - دقيق
- 2 medium eggs - بيض
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1 1/4 cup full cream milk - لبن كامل الدسم
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (plus extra for greasing the pan) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Place flour, eggs, vanilla and salt in a bowl. Whisk while adding milk gradually until you achieve a smooth yet thin batter.
- Add the oil and whisk.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Use a brush or an oiled kitchen tissue to brush the pan.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter in the hot pan, while tilting the pan to create a thin layer on the base of the pan.
- Leave the crepe to cook and try not to flip until edges create bubbles and start cooking.
- Use a flat turner to help you lift the crepe from the edges, if it is golden on the bottom side, then gently flip the crepe. Cook crepe on the other side until golden then transfer to plate and cover until serving. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with your favourite filling.
Egyptian White Rice
Cooking simple white rice can be quite challenging for lots of people. This is a simple recipe that...
Carpaccio on Parmesan Chips
This is a special dish for those people who appreciate a delicate appetiser. It is crispy, smooth,...
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings. This recipe also includes […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.