Roasted Herbed Quail with Potatoes
By Bassel K • November 13, 2015
Sometimes we need to have an outside of the box meal so I came up with this very easy recipe yet delicious. Hope you enjoy it 🙂
The butter on the skin gives the quails a nice brown color and crisp.
Recipe submitted by Bassel Kabbabe.
- 6 piece quail - سمان
- 3 potatoes (cubed) - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter (at room tempreture) - زبدة
- 1 bunch thyme (finely chopped) - زعتر
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 bunch rosemary (finely chopped) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 2 piece garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
Step by step
- Wash the quails well and clean it same as a chicken.
- Prepare the butter herb rub: In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with thyme, garlic, nutmeg, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to marinate the quail. Make sure to rub the bird under the skin and from the inside as well. Leave it to marinate for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to maximum temperature.
- Sprinkle the potato cubes with more rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to mix very well.
- If the quails are small in size, insert 2-3 potato cubes inside each quail to help them sit comfortably in your roast dish.
- Brush the roasting pan or a stoneware rectangular casserole with the butter mix or just butter. Arrange the quails and the potato cubes in the roasting pan and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Leave the quails and potatoes to rest for 10 minutes before you arrange it on a serving plate and serve it warm.
Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right...
Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals...
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]