By shahdan • April 28, 2016
My friend prepared these for a kids party and they were a big hit! Both, kids and grown ups, loved them. Pizza pinwheels are also perfect for lunchbox and on the go! My kids love them and they enjoy baking them with me.
This recipe yields 12 pieces.
- 1 pack puff pastry (400 gram) - عجينة الباف باستري
- 2 tablespoon flour (for dusting) - دقيق
- 2 small tomato - طماطم
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1 cup cheese (grated mozzarella and cheddar) - جبن
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 small egg - بيضة
- 1 handful basil - ريحان
Step by step
- Before you start, make sure the puff pastry is fully defrosted. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the pizza sauce, chop tomatoes and blend them in a small food processor with the tomato paste until you reach a thick pizza sauce consistency. Set aside.
- Lightly dust your working surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll out puff pastry into a rectangle shape (about 35x25 cm). The shape does not need to be perfect.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough (leaving 1cm borders clean). Don't use all the pizza sauce if you feel it is more than you need.
- Sprinkle the cheese and the oregano over the tomato sauce.
- Place the pizza vertically towards you, and roll up the dough from one end as tight as you can. For best results, cover and leave in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough into two, then slice each half into two so you end up with four equal-sized rolls. Cut each into three circles to have a total of 12 identical pinwheels.
- Arrange pinwheels on baking tray circle down making sure there is enough space between them. In a small bowl, beat the egg, and lightly brush the surfaces of pinwheels with eggs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let the baked pizza pinwheels cool for a few minutes, then arrange them on a serving dish and garnish with fresh basil.
الوصفة بالعربي Hummus falafel is a great variation of the traditional broad bean...
Carpaccio on Parmesan Chips
This is a special dish for those people who appreciate a delicate appetiser. It is crispy, smooth,...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.