Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
By shahdan • January 25, 2016
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken stock, the rest is easy.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/3 cup orzo - لسان عصفور
- 1/4 cup celery (thinly sliced) - كرفس افرنجي
- 1 liter chicken broth/stock (4 cups) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn) - خضراوات مشكلة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- lime (to taste) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add orzo and lightly brown for a minute. Add celery and sauté with orzo for another 2 minutes.
- Add hot chicken broth and let it the soup simmer on low/medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, and let it continue to simmer on low heat until vegetables are cooked through and orzo is tender.
- Adjust salt and pepper. Add lime juice to taste. Serve hot with extra lime wedges on the side.
Beram Freekeh & Meat Cubes
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is traditionally done with so-called rice pasta (Lessan...
Vegetable Glass Noodles
Who wouldn't like a bowl of Asian Glass noodles with luscious fresh vegetables? It is perfect and...
Triple Cheese & Mint Sambousak
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make of it what you like. We use three cheeses to make...
Broccoli and Avocado Soup
Creamy, refreshing and so easy to prepare, the Broccoli and Avocado Soup is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It will be your new favourite soup.
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Leek & Onion Soup
A heartwarming soup that must be prepared every winter in our household. It fits most menus because of its lightness, simplicity and goes well with any protein or carb dish. You can have it light without the toast but you defiantly treat yourself to a restaurant quality dish with some good melted cheese on toast.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]